Searching for affordable online fax services for your small business? You’ve come to the right place. Today, we’re breaking down the world’s most popular online fax services according to their prices and unique features.
5 Affordable Online Fax Services For Today’s Small Business Owners:
1) RingCentral Small Business Online Fax (Starting at $9.99 per Month)
In fact, one of the only real downsides to RingCentral is that users can get overwhelmed by the number of features.
Here’s how much you can pay on RingCentral’s four main plans:
- Fax 500 ($9.99 Per Month): Includes 500 sent and received pages per month ($7.99 per month when billed annually).
- Fax 1000 ($17.99 Per Month): Includes 1000 sent and received pages per month ($12.99 per month when billed annually).
- Fax 2500 ($59.99 Per Month): Includes 2500 total sent and received pages per month ($49.99 per month when billed annually).
- Fax Unlimited ($49.99 Per Month): Includes unlimited faxes per month as well as a dedicated fax number for each employee ($39.99 per month when billed annually).
All of the first three plans have the same basic features. You simply decide how many faxes your small business needs to send and receive every month, then choose the plan that covers that approximate need.
If you go over your plan, then you’ll pay a 6 cent per page overage fee, which is about average in the online faxing industry (the cheapest online fax services on this page have 3 cent overage fees, while the most expensive have 10 to 20 cent overages).
Like the other online fax providers on this page, RingCentral also has no setup fee.
But one of the reasons why RingCentral is so popular among cost-cutting small business owners is that the company also offers a variety of telecommunication services, including cloud PBX systems and online collaboration tools. When you sign up for one of these systems (which start at just $25 per month), you’ll often get electronic faxing services included for free.
In other words, if your small business needs a PBX system and online faxing, then RingCentral is easily your most cost-effective option.
Other benefits of working with RingCentral for small business include:
- Great apps available for the iPhone, iPad, and Android devices
- Integrates with Microsoft Office and Outlook, which means you can easily send and receive faxes directly through Outlook and you don’t have to worry about converting Office documents into, say, PDF
- International faxing
- Electronic signature support (just paste an electronic signature onto the fax and send it back without needing to print if off and re-scan it)
- Mobile notifications
- 24 hour customer service support through email and telephone
- 30 day free trials available
- 5.9 cent overage fees on all plans
RingCentral Small Business Online Fax Conclusion: RingCentral isn’t the cheapest email fax service provider, but it likely offers the best value – especially if your small business can bundle online faxing with the company’s other cloud PBX offerings. With scalable plans that cater to small, mid-sized, and enterprise companies, RingCentral is one of the most affordable online fax services for small businesses that plan to grow in the near future.
2) Nextiva Small Business Online Fax (Starting at $4.95 per Month)
Nextiva is the cheapest online fax provider on this list. However, it lacks a few of the features found in its competitors. You won’t be able to fax international numbers with Nextiva, for example, even if you wanted to pay the extra long distance fees.
Nevertheless, all faxes to and from the United States and Canada are included within Nextiva’s generous monthly allotments. You’ll rarely pay overage fees. But even if you do go over your monthly allotment, you’ll pay just 3 cents for each page over your limit.
Plans start at just $5 per month and include 500 sent/received faxes. Here’s how much Nextiva is currently charging:
- Basic ($8.95 Per Month): 500 sent/received pages per month ($4.95 per month when paid annually).
- Premium ($17.95 Per Month): 1000 sent/received pages per month ($12.95 per month when paid annually)
- Max ($34.95 Per Month): 3000 sent/received pages per month ($29.95 per month when paid annually)
There aren’t many online fax providers that offer plans that include 3000 monthly sent/received faxes. If you’re a high-volume business that needs to fax a large number of customers every month, then Nextiva is easily the most cost-effective option on this list.
Of course, those cost savings come at a price. Nextiva isn’t nearly as feature rich as most of its competitors.
Here are the features you can expect on your Nextiva for small business plan:
- No digital signature support
- No international faxing
- Android and iOS apps
- Toll-free and local fax numbers available
- Fax multiple recipients at the same time
- 24 hour customer support over the phone
- Free trial available
Nextiva Small Business Online Fax Conclusion: Nextiva is easily the cheapest online fax provider on this list, with its most basic plan priced at just $5 per month (billed annually). That plan includes a generous 500 sent/received faxed pages. Even if you go over these limits, Nextiva’s generous overage fees mean you’ll be paying just 3 cents per additional page. What’s the catch? Nextiva has no international faxing support, nor does it let you add digital signatures. If neither of those things bother you, then Nextiva is the most affordable online fax service for your small business.
3) MyFax Small Business Online Fax (Starting at $10 per Month)
MyFax is equal to RingCentral in terms of features, UI, and security. The only reason that it’s not equal to RingCentral on this list is because of its higher pricing and lower monthly allotments.
Expect to pay the following prices for your MyFax plan:
- Best Value ($10 Per Month): Send 100 faxes, receive 200 faxes per month
- Most Popular ($20 Per Month): Send 200 faxes, receive 200 faxes per month
- Fax More ($40 Per Month): Send 400 faxes, receive 400 faxes per month
For $40 per month, you get just 800 sent/received faxes. If you compare that to other plans on this list, then that’s not a great deal. Nextiva gives you 3000 faxes for $35 per month, for example, while MetroFax provides 2500.
Nevertheless, MyFax aims to impress customers by offering a wider range of features.
Some of the key features included with MetroFax for small business are:
- High level of security with SSL encryption and additional data encryption methods available
- ACT customer management software integration
- Support for iPhone and Android as well as BlackBerry
- MyFax converts the body of your email into a cover letter that will be attached to the fax once sent
- Toll-free, 24 hour customer support available
- Integrates with Microsoft Office and Outlook
- No digital signature support
- Overage fees of 10 cents per page
MyFax Small Business Online Fax Conclusion: MyFax isn’t the most affordable online fax service on this list. Its high prices and low monthly allotments make it second only to eFax in terms of high prices. Nevertheless, users appreciate the wealth of features – including SSL security and an easy UI (although there’s no digital signature support). MyFax is also one of the few online fax providers to still support BlackBerry.
4) eFax Small Business Online Fax (Starting at $16.95 per Month)
eFax was the first major online fax provider to hit the market. Today, the company isn’t nearly as attractive as it once was. Compared to the competitors listed on this page, eFax has high monthly fees, low monthly allotments, and high overage charges.
Nevertheless, eFax has all of the features you really need in online faxing services for small businesses like yours.
Notably, it has a digital signature feature that allows you to sign faxes online (competitors like Nextiva, MyFax, and MetroFax don’t have that). With this digital signature feature, you can create a signature stamp that you can drag and drop onto documents. Instead of going through the pain of printing out a document, signing it, and then copying it back into digital format to be faxed, you can avoid all this hassle. And isn’t avoiding hassle what online faxing is all about?
Other eFax features include large file sharing and mobile access. You can send and receive faxes easily using your Android or iPhone. No matter what you use to send an online fax, sending the fax is as easy as creating an email, adding an attachment to that email, and typing in your recipient’s fax number.
Here’s how much you can expect to pay for eFax:
- Plus ($16.95 Per Month): Receive up to 130 pages per month/Send 130 faxes per month ($0.15 per page for overages received and $0.10 per page for overages sent).
- Pro ($19.95 Per Month): Receive up to 200 pages per month, send up to 200 pages per month (after this, you pay the overage fee of $0.10 per page on both sent and received faxes).
Compared to competitors, these plans are pricier and contain fewer allotted monthly faxes. If your small business is looking for the most affordable online faxing plans (isn’t that what this article is all about?), then you may want to avoid eFax.
eFax is available in about 20 countries around the world. You can actually pay in your country’s local currency, if you like, so you don’t always have to pay in USD. Australians pay $12.95 AUD on an annual pan, for example, while Canadians pay $12.49 CAD on an annual plan.
If you’re unsure whether or not to sign up for eFax, then consider signing up for the online fax service’s 30 day free trial. That free trial is more feature-rich than most of the other options on this list: you get 150 inbound/outbound faxes on that trial and can instantly choose your own fax number. You can also cancel your subscription immediately after that trial is over if you don’t want to be charged. The trial is free, although you’ll need to enter your credit card number to be eligible for the trial.
Other features included with eFax for small business are:
- Popular, easy-to-use UI
- Simple fax management using the online messaging center
- Full support for Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook, letting you easily send and receive faxes from your email inbox
- Mobile apps available for iOS and Android
- Digital signature support
Efax Small Business Online Fax Conclusion: If you’re reading this article, then I assume you’re looking for the best online fax services in terms of value. eFax may be feature-rich, but it’s also comparatively expensive. Unless you’re really in love with the eFax UI, your small business will be better off with one of the four other online fax providers listed on this page.
5) MetroFax Small Business Online Fax (Starting at $7.95 per Month)
Don’t let its position at the bottom of this list fool you: MetroFax is one of the best online fax services in terms of basic online faxing value. It doesn’t come with a whole lot of bells and whistles, but it does let you easily fax to countries around the world with high monthly allotments and affordable monthly prices.
Here’s how much MetroFax currently charges for its plans:
- Essential ($7.95 per Month): Provides 500 total incoming/outgoing faxed pages
- Professional ($39.95 per Month): 2500 total fax pages
You can also save a little bit of money by ordering the plans on an annual basis. MetroFax is cheaper than eFax, but it’s not quite as cheap as the first three options on our list.
MetroFax doesn’t have any major advantages over its competition. It does have cheap overage fees (3 cents per page) and it does let you bring your existing fax number and fax machine with you. There are no setup fees.
International faxing is also available. You can choose from a local or toll-free fax number, both of which are included in your subscription cost.
Some of the key MetroFax features for small business include:
- 3 cent overage limits on all faxed pages sent and received
- No digital signature feature
- Annual payment options that can provide significant savings
- Toll-free telephone and email support (during normal North American business hours, not 24/7)
- International faxing
- Fax encryption using SSL or TSL
- No long distance fees for faxes sent and receive anywhere in the United States and Canada
MetroFax Small Business Online Fax Conclusion: If you’re looking for an affordable plan for your small business, then MetroFax does an adequate job. Nevertheless, it lacks the digital signature options and high monthly allotments of the first three online fax providers on this list. This can make it a less attractive choice for small business owners across North America.