Today, there are dozens of virtual fax service providers available online. However, only a handful are worth your time and money. We’ve made your research easy for you.
5 Affordable Virtual Fax Services
RingCentral Virtual Fax ($7.99 per Month)
RingCentral is a popular virtual fax provider for small businesses and individual users. The easy-to-use interface and generous monthly fax allotments (500 pages sent/received) makes RingCentral a flexible choice for everyone from small businesses to larger corporations.
With RingCentral, you can send and receive faxes through your email inbox or via the company’s website.
There are also full-featured apps available for both Android and iOS. You can use these apps to send and receive faxes or even call your contacts.
RingCentral is also a complete telecommunications company. In addition to virtual faxing, the company offers full PBX systems, calling plans, VOIP, and much more. If you need any of the company’s calling services, then you’ll typically get online faxing included for free.
With a larger number of free faxes, cheap overage charges, and a rich range of features, RingCentral may be the right choice for you. Here’s how much you can expect to pay for a RingCentral subscription:
- Fax 500 ($9.99 Per Month): Includes 500 sent and received pages per month ($7.99 per month when billed annually).
- Fax 1000 ($17.99 Per Month): Includes 1000 sent and received pages per month ($12.99 per month annual).
- Fax 2500 ($59.99 Per Month): Includes 2500 total sent and received pages per month ($49.99 per month annual).
- Fax Unlimited ($49.99 Per Month): Includes unlimited faxes per month as well as a dedicated fax number for each employee ($39.99 per month annual).
The first three plans come with a free trial. That free trial even lets you choose your company’s new fax number: so you get a real fax number for the duration of the trial.
The main “catch” with the Fax Unlimited Plan is that you need to pay an additional fee per user. This fee varies from $5 to $20 per month depending on how many employees are buying fax numbers.
You can also supplement your RingCentral virtual faxing plans by paying an additional $4.99 per month for every added number or a $30 one-time fee for additional 800 numbers or a vanity number (one 800 number is included with your plan by default).
Other RingCentral Virtual Fax features include:
- Apps available for Android and iOS
- Filter faxes to block certain numbers or automatically block messages without caller ID
- Send and receive faxes through your normal email inbox, the desktop tool, or the web-based RingCentral interface
- Full integration with Microsoft Office and Microsoft Outlook
- Schedule fax delivery times
- International faxing
- Digital signatures
- Full notification support
- 24 hour telephone support as well as email support
- 30 day free trial
- 5.9 cents per overage fees on all sent and received pages across all plans
RingCentral Virtual Fax Summary: It doesn’t get any better than RingCentral. There’s a reason RingCentral is at the top of our list. At this price, you won’t find better value, more features, or an easier interface. The plans also scale to meet the needs of smaller companies (with the affordable $10 per month entry plan, for example) and larger corporations (with the $40 per month plan that gives each employee a unique virtual fax number).
Nextiva Virtual Fax ($4.95 per Month)
Featuring generous page allotments and affordable fees, Nextiva is an ideal choice for businesses that send and receive approximately 500 total faxes per month.
Many people are surprised to discover how cheap Nextiva is. What’s the catch, you may wonder? Well, Nextiva has no international faxing. If you need to fax international clients or customers, then you won’t be able to do that on Nextiva.
Aside from this hiccup, Nextiva is a feature-rich electronic faxing service that provides an easy-to-use interface and affordable prices.
Here’s how Nextiva’s different pricing plans break down:
- Basic ($8.95 Per Month): 500 sent/received pages per month ($4.95 per month when paid annually).
- Premium ($17.95 Per Month): 1000 sent/received pages per month ($12.95 per month when paid annually)
- Max ($34.95 Per Month): 3000 sent/received pages per month ($29.95 per month when paid annually)
Few other online fax providers let you send and receive 3000 included faxed pages per month. If you’re a high volume businesses that deals exclusively with clients in the United States and Canada, then Nextiva may be your best option.
Other Nextiva virtual fax features you should know about include:
- 3 cent overage fees on all plans
- 24 hour customer service via phone, email, and online chat
- Toll-free and local fax numbers are available
- Easy-to-use, customizable interface
- No international faxing
- iPhone and Android apps
- Send faxes to 5 recipients simultaneously (these recipients can be either fax machines or email addresses, although the primary recipient must be a fax number)
- Works with an existing fax machine
Nextiva Virtual Fax Summary: When paid annually, you’re not going to find a better deal in the computer faxing world than Nextiva. The virtual fax provider has generous page allotments (500 sent/received) starting at just $4.95 per month on annual plans. Overage charges are 3 cents per page. And, if you need to send/receive thousands of faxes per month, you can pay for plans scaling all the way up to 3000 faxes per month. Ultimately, if you don’t require international faxing and need to send/receive hundreds of monthly faxes to/from the United States and Canada, then Nextiva may be your best option.
MyFax Virtual Fax ($10 per Month)
MyFax is famous for its user-friendly interface and extensive support options. Although it lacks features like digital signatures and mobile fax alerts, MyFax remains one of the best virtual fax services on the market today.
Just like other virtual fax providers, MyFax lets you send faxes online or through your email inbox. You can setup the service to work with Microsoft Office and Outlook. Or, send faxes to multiple recipients at the same time.
All faxes sent and received through MyFax will be stored in a secure digital location. There’s no limit to the number of faxes you can store, although faxes will automatically be deleted after one year. Many users appreciate this digital storage because it ensures you never miss an important fax or have to look very far to find it.
On the most basic plan, you can send 100 fax pages and receive 200 before you start to pay overage fees, which are relatively expensive at 10 cents per page.
There are four plans to choose from according to the faxing needs of your business:
- Best Value ($10 Per Month): Send 100 faxes, receive 200 faxes per month
- Most Popular ($20 Per Month): Send 200 faxes, receive 200 faxes per month
- Fax More ($40 Per Month): Send 400 faxes, receive 400 faxes per month
10 cent overage charges are applied to all of the accounts listed above.
There’s also a 30 day free trial that comes with all of the features of a standard MyFax account. That free trial is the same as the Best Value plan, so you can send a maximum of 100 faxes and receive a maximum of 200 faxes during your free trial. After your free trial is over, you’ll be paying $10 per month.
You can save a small amount of money when buying the annual plan. However, annual savings are only available on the Best Value plan, where you can pay $110 per year ($9.17 per month) instead of the full $10 per month.
Other MyFax Virtual Fax features you need to know about include:
- Easy integration with Microsoft Office or Outlook
- Integrates with ACT customer management software
- Capable of handling a wide range of faxable document formats, including TIF or PDF electronic documents
- Supports online faxing by iPhone, Android, and BlackBerry
- Toll-free 24 hour customer support by phone, email, and online chat
- Extensive demoes and tutorials available on the official MyFax website
- No electronic signature support
- No mobile fax alerts (although you can still send and receive faxes over mobile devices)
MyFax Virtual Fax Summary: MyFax has more features and fax allotments than any of its competitors at its price range (at least on the Best Value plan). If you want to have your own fax number and send/receive hundreds of faxes per month for $10 per month, then MyFax may be your best option
eFax Virtual Fax ($16.95 per Month)
eFax has two types of paid subscriptions as well as a free email faxing service (although they don’t prominently advertise the free service).
The free service gives you a virtual fax number and lets you receive up to 10 faxed pages per month – although you won’t be able to send out any faxes yourself.
If you actually need to send faxes, then eFax’s two plans offer the following price ranges:
- Plus ($16.95 Per Month): Receive up to 130 pages per month/Send 130 faxes per month ($0.15 per page for overages received and $0.10 per page for overages sent).
- Pro ($19.95 Per Month): Receive up to 200 pages per month, send up to 200 pages per month (after this, you pay the overage fee of $0.10 per page on both sent and received faxes). This package also includes 200 minutes of voicemail to email service. You can choose whether you would like a local number or a toll-free number. However, if you choose the toll-free number, then all incoming pages that are sent to that toll-free number will be billed at $0.20 (even if you have free incoming pages remaining on your account). Yes, it’s confusing: so make sure you thoroughly read the terms and conditions before you sign up for eFax.
eFax is typically rated towards the top of the list when you’re ranking the best virtual fax services available today. It does, however, tend to feature higher pricing and lower limits than its competitors.
Some of the notable eFax Virtual Fax features include:
- Highly intuitive, easy-to-use interface
- Higher overage charges than most other competitors on this list
- Lower allotted pages per month (even the highest plan includes just 200 each of sent and received faxed pages per month)
- Microsoft Outlook integration (you can efficiently send and receive fax documents as email attachments directly from your inbox
- Account screen lets you view and send faxes directly from any web browser without visiting your email inbox
- Easy fax management through the online message center
- Extensive tech support options, including 24 hour customer service via telephone as well as email support and live chat. You’ll also find plenty of helpful tutorials at the company’s website that should answer virtually any question you have about the service.
- Mobile apps available for iOS and Android
eFax Virtual Fax Summary: eFax isn’t the best choice for small businesses that send and receive lots of faxes (over 150) per month. But if you’re a small-to-medium-sized businesses that prioritizes features over fax volume, the eFax could be the right choice for you.
MetroFax Virtual Fax ($7.95 per Month)
MetroFax has some of the largest page allotments in the industry. If your business sends and receives a lot of faxes per month, then MetroFax is an excellent option. It’s also filled with helpful features that make it a worthy competitor to the other options on the list.
Plans are priced like this:
- Essential ($7.95 per Month): Provides 500 total incoming/outgoing faxed pages
- Professional ($39.95 per Month): 2500 total fax pages
Both plans come with annual options that let you save a significant amount of money off the month-to-month price.
Other features of MetroFax Virtual Fax include:
- High number of pages you can send and receive
- Only 3 cents for over-the-page limits (the average rate among competitors listed here is around 10 cents)
- Bring your business’s current fax number with you
- Smartphone apps available for iOS and Android
- International faxing
- Toll-free and local fax numbers are available
- No 24 hour customer service
- No ability to schedule faxes to be sent in the future
MetroFax Virtual Summary: MetroFax is a straightforward virtual faxing service that provides one of the best per-fax prices in the industry today. Send faxes from almost anywhere and send hundreds of faxes per month without paying overage charges. If you’re a small business that requires international faxing, a good range of features, and large monthly fax allotments, then MetroFax can save you a lot of money.