In particular, we believe planning and education can prevent a lot of the most costly aspects of having a dog in your life.
Approaches that include preventative medicine, a healthy diet, adequate exercise and effective training can help reduce veterinary bills, prevent destructive behaviors and avoid the cost of professional trainers. You might also wish to consider the benefits of pet insurance, especially if you have a disease-prone breed or an older dog.
Have a good resource and want to be listed here? Reach out to me at bebusinessed[@]gmail.com
- How to Reduce Your Pets’ Expenses: This is a great article on how preventative measures and even negotiations with your vet can help save money without compromising your dog’s health.
- Tips for choosing dog bed that cannot be chewed: Chew Proof Dog Bed are frequently made of poly resin substances to endure chewing and other exterior forces.
- For Pet Anxiety: The Thundershirt wraps your dog in snug material to help reduce anxiety. This investment can save you a fortune if you’re using medication to treat your dog’s anxiety.
- AKC STAR Puppy Program: This training program for puppies can help you nip any undesired behaviors in the bud. Even just preventing one pair of destroyed shoes can make this one good for long-term savings!
- AKC Canine Good Citizen Program: The “Good Citizen” program rewards dogs who have good manners. This program is great for the intellectual stimulation your dog needs. Remember: A bored dog can be a destructive dog.
- Dog Food Advisor: If you’re in need of reviews on the many brand and varieties of dog food, check this one out. You’ll hear from real people who can guide you to low-cost but nutritionally exceptional brands.
- How To Read Dog Food Labels: Reading the label on dog food containers can be a little tricky. However, knowing how to read the labels and knowing what to look for is important to ensure that you are providing your pet with the best possible nutrition.
- Keto Natural: Premium dry pet foods with 75% less carbohydrate than leading dog food brands.
Training & Education
- How to Choose a Trainer: If you ever find yourself needing a trainer, make sure you know how to pick a well-qualified one who will give you the best bang for your buck.
- Karen Pryor Clicker Training Basics: Clicker training can look unapproachable, but Karen Pryor breaks it down very nicely. You can learn how to do your own clicker training and save the cost of a professional trainer.
- Dog Names at Dog Name Guide: Check out this A-to-Z list of dog names and their meanings. Just for fun!
If the above list of resources leaves you feeling a little overwhelmed, don’t worry! We’ll break down the basics you need to know to save money while maintaining a high standard of care and quality of life for your dog.
Look for low-cost vaccination clinics
You might have seen the occasional vaccination booth set up at the local pet store. Take advantage of these, as they’re much cheaper than booking an appointment with your vet. Make sure you bring your records with you so you know what vaccinations your dog needs.
Spaying and Neutering: Having your dog “fixed” can prevent a lot of health problems down the road. This is especially true if your dog is female, since non-spayed dogs have a much higher risk of cancer. Plus, if your dog gets pregnant on accident, the vet bills for care can be through the roof. You’ll also be doing your part to help prevent contributing to the abundance of animals in shelters.
Get Pet Insurance: We all know how important insurance can be if you ever end up needing surgery or emergency medical treatment. The same applies to your dog. Pet insurance can be as low as $5-10 per month, but it’ll pay off when your dog gets injured or sick.
Learn How To Groom: One of the best ways to save money each month is to groom your own dog. If you need a partner to help you wrangle, just be sure to get an extra set of hands. You could save hundreds per year just by shampooing and drying at home. You can also start cutting your dog’s nails yourself. Once you get the hang of it, it’s easy and cheap.
Preventative Maintenance at Home: Along the lines of grooming at home, it’s important for health and cost reasons to take care of your dog’s eyes, ears and teeth. These areas, when they get dirty and infected, can cause a lot of costly health issues.
- Budget Resource Guides
- Fax: Everything you need to know by saving with online fax. On a budget? you can save money when you fax from computer instead of a using fax machine. Other useful guides: How-to Email Fax, How-to Fax Online, and How-to Get a Fax Number.
- Payroll: Everything you need to know about payroll. On a budget? These are 6 different ways you can get free payroll software for your business and here is a guide on Buying Payroll Software. Recommended Articles: Everything about payroll tax and certified payroll software.
- BumpReveal: My wife’s gender reveal website. Looking to throw a gender reveal party? Check out her store.